Don't Let Your Bryan Home Come Under Bed Bug Infestation
June 15, 2023 - Bed Bugs
Bed bugs, also known as red coats or crimson ramblers, are tiny but incredibly distressing pests that take over properties looking for a blood meal. Once they find the conditions to thrive, they settle in, multiply, and become challenging to eliminate without proper treatment protocols and knowledge.
Are you struggling with a stubborn infestation? If so, you will want to discover why bed bugs are a problem in Bryan, find out how to prevent these parasitic pests from getting into your home, learn how to tell if you have bed bugs, and get educated on all the reasons why professional help can be necessary. Call Swoboda Pest & Termite Control today for top-rated pest control in Bryan.
Are Bed Bugs A Problem In Bryan?
Bed bugs are a definite problem in Bryan and most of the country. It doesn't take much for these tiny pests to take over as they only need a regular blood meal and places to hide from human activity during the day.
Texas is not safe from bed bug infestations because of the continuous influx of people moving here and the year-long warm climate. These factors make it more likely for bed bugs to invade and make controlling them challenging. Read on to learn how to keep bed bugs out of your home.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs Getting Into Your Home
There are several effective ways to prevent bed bugs from getting into your house, such as:
- Avoid bringing used items indoors. Bed bugs usually hide in used clothing and furniture, especially mattresses, but they can also hide in books. We recommend against bringing things inside without a thorough inspection.
- Be cautious during hotel stays. Bed bugs are notorious for living in hotel rooms and hitching a ride into your house through your luggage. Inspect your room thoroughly and wash all items in hot water when you return home. Drying them at a high temperature is also very helpful.
- Declutter your house often. Bed bugs and other tiny pests use clutter to hide and multiply. It can also make it more challenging for you to clean. Keeping your home clean and tidy is always a good strategy for effective pest prevention.
Bed bugs will spread throughout any house, looking for a blood meal, usually making themselves comfortable in bedrooms. If you are dealing with an infestation, it is time to learn to recognize the early signs of bed bugs.
How To Tell If You Have Bed Bugs
You might have bed bugs if you see the following telltale signs:
- You spot bed bugs: Bed bugs are small and hide quickly, but they are still dark in color and noticeable against light bedding, walls, and more. They also swell after feeding. If you see insects the size of an apple seed, they could be bed bugs.
- You find stains on your bed: Bed bugs usually feed at night when you're sleeping by biting exposed skin. This process often leaves bloodstains on the bedding. Bed bugs also have rust-colored feces you might find around infested areas.
- You find bed bug exoskeletons: Bed bugs will shed their skin throughout their life cycle. You might discover progressively more of these as the problem gets worse.
If you see these signs of a bed bug problem, learn how pest control can kill bed bugs.
Why Call The Professionals Immediately If You Have Bed Bugs
Professional home pest control specialists have the tools and knowledge to eliminate even the most challenging bed bug infestations swiftly and safely. If you are ready to start, Swoboda Pest & Termite Control proudly offers bed bug control in Bryan. Call us today to tell us more about your infestation, learn about our bed bug control options, and schedule a bed bug consultation.